Hard to believe that one year ago today I was sitting at work starting my work week on a Tuesday not knowing what would transpire that evening. I had taken Monday off to go through all the great shower gifts we received for Jelly Bean that past Sunday. I was due at the end of th week to discuss my maternity plan with my boss and then with my co-workers so everyone could cover while I was gone. Little did I know that at 4:03pm while putting my coat on to go home my water would break and the journey to meeting Jelly Bean had begun right then and there. Despite my water breaking, I drove my self to the hospital (I wasn’t in any pain so maybe it was nothing…). I arrived about 25 minutes before Adam did. They hooked me all up, did a quick ultrasound (us reminding them we DON’T want to know the sex of the baby). They say sorry, we can’t deal with you here at our facility you need to be taken to a hospital with a NICU and that can deal with early gestation. I was only 33 weeks exactly that day…
So we waited on the ambulance and I was whisked off to Barnes. Well we (me and Jelly Bean) barley made it to Labor and Deliver…the Bean was coming right then and there whether we were ready or not. Adam walked in right as they told me to push. So I pushed twice and we meet Mr. Jackson Alexander Colvin for the very first time at 8:49pm. He was screaming as loud as he could and was pink and puffy despite only being 4lbs 11oz and 18.5inches. He wasn’t in any immediate danger so we did get to cuddle him a bit before he was taken to the Special Care Nursery where his home would be for the next 3 weeks.
Now today Jackson is a sturdy 21+lbs on my scale at home. We will go for the ‘official’ weigh in at his doctor on Monday. He is actively crawling and pulling up and cruising around everywhere. He sometimes forgets he doesn’t know how to stand yet on his own and just let’s go only to fall. He has a mouth full with 8 teeth and he is chewing like crazy on his molars so they will soon be coming we think. He LOVES food still, we’ve yet to find an item he will not try and eat.
Daddy got him to give kisses for the first time a couple of nights ago, be prepared if you get them they are wet and messy (but cute of course). He randomly clapped in front of grandma and grandpa Stroud the other day for the first time, but has never repeated it L. I’ve been trying to get him to clap for weeks now of course…
He is back to babbling now and mimics cadence in your sounds that you say or chat with him. His laughs have now turned into giggles and screeches when you tickle him good. It’s a riot to get him going. He is pretty much ticklish everywhere!
I am proud to say that we have hit the year milestone with breastfeeding which was a HUGE struggle in the beginning and I am now looking forward to giving up pumping at work and gaining my freedom back. We are still happily cloth diapering with no issues as well!
It’s hard to believe that an entire year has flown by with our little man, each day is precious and cherished by us. I just wish it didn’t go so fast. Although when you’re in the throes of newborn stage you wish the opposite!
Now our adventures into toddlerhood begin! We can’t wait to see what he learns next!
Happy Birthday Mr. Jackson Alexander Colvin (2.9.10 at 8:40pm, 4lbs & 11oz; 18.5in.)
Mommy and Daddy love you tons!




No comments:
Post a Comment