September 16th seemed FOREVER away when we made the appointment in late July...
Meanwhile I was adjusting to being pregnant and all the changes that came along with it. I craved spicy food constantly early on. The spicier the better! Several of my girlfriends are pregnant or were pregnant at the time and had suffered from morning noon and night sickness. I was VERY luck, I never experienced sickness at all during the early stages of my pregnancy. I was however, exhausted. I guess it takes a lot out of you building a human from scratch!
Finally the doctors appointment was here! Adam was able to meet me at the doctors office for the appointment with Dr. Turner my new OB. He is great, Adam really liked him too. The doctor pulled out the doppler and I was so excited to hear the heartbeat. I couldn't see Adam, he was standing behind me so didn't see his reaction! I teared up as soon as we realized that we could hear the little heart beating away. It was beating at 170 beats per minute. The doctor said that was great. They drew about 10 gallons of my blood for testing and sent me on my way. We were to come back in 1 month! It was thrilling to hear Jelly Bean's little heart thumping away for me it was 'real' at that point! Dr. Turner gave us a due date of April 8, 2010 for Jelly Bean!
No comments:
Post a Comment